Friday, August 1, 2008

Hillary for VP?

The Democratic National Convention is coming up, followed by the Republican convention. That means time is running short to pick running mates for John McCain and Barack Obama. So who should the candidates pick?

For my money, I'd like to see Obama go with Hillary Clinton as his running mate. I know, Hillary has her detractors. She's someone that you either love or hate. But she also has a solid block of supporters. She came within a breath of winning the nomination outright. Combine her followers with Obama's, and I think you'd have an unbeatable ticket. And don't forget the intelligence and political savvy she brings to the table.

As for McCain, he needs someone who is young and attractive, someone who is intelligent and could step in if McCain were to become incapacitated. For my money, I'd go with Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. He's conservative in ways that even McCain isn't. He's young, and by all accounts, he's intelligent. He's been a success at everything he's ever tried. He's also from a Southern state, and history has proven that winning the South is essential to winning the presidency.

Given the closeness of this race, I think it's safe to say that choice of running mate may very well make the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I could stomach Hillary as Obama's running mate.